You might have heard of Anna Nicole Smith. But, do you know how she died? Do you know what killed her? This article talks about Anna Nicole Smith Cause of Death.
What Killed Anna Nicole Smith?
An accidental prescription drug overdose killed Anna Nicole Smith last month, the medical examiner who performed her autopsy said Monday.
Dr. Joshua A. Perper, the Broward County medical examiner, said he found traces of many drugs in Ms. Smith’s body, including muscle relaxants, pain relievers like methadone and several anti-anxiety medicines. Dr. Perper described her cause of death as combined drug intoxication, the primary drug being the potent sedative chloral hydrate.
An intestinal flu and a bacterial infection, possibly from an injection with a contaminated needle, were contributing factors, Dr. Perper said during a news conference in Dania Beach. No illegal drugs were found in her system.
Contributing factors included her weakened condition from a stomach flu and fever brought on by a pus-filled infection on her buttocks from repeated injection of other drugs.
The recommended dose of chloral hydrate is one to two teaspoons before bed. Smith often took two tablespoons, and she sometimes drank directly from the bottle, the report said.
A statement issued by lawyers for Howard K. Stern, Smith’s companion, who was with her before her death, said Smith’s physician and Stern urged her to get emergency treatment but that she refused because “she did not want the media frenzy that follows her.”
The autopsy report left some unanswered questions, such as why it took so long for emergency personnel to be summoned when Smith was discovered unresponsive on Feb. 8 in her room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
The report found that a private nurse had asked a bodyguard to call 911 about 1 p.m. and had started CPR. The Seminole EMS was called about 1:40 p.m. by a bodyguard and arrived six minutes later. The ambulance reached the hospital at 2:43 p.m., and Smith was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.
Perper said Smith could have been saved had she been hospitalized earlier in the week, simply because her drug intake could have been controlled.
“If she would have gone to the hospital she wouldn’t have died, because she wouldn’t have had the opportunity to take the excessive amount of chloral hydrate,” he told The Associated Press.
Anna Nicole Smith Cause of Death is Accidental Prescription Drug Overdose
Dr Sandeep Kapoor, who was actually charged and later acquitted of offences related to Smith's prescription drugs supply, shared his thoughts on the case of the young man's death on Fox News.
Toxicology reports showed Daniel had antidepressants Zoloft and Lexapro in his system, which proved deadly combined with painkiller methadone - which Dr Kapoor suggested he may have taken from his mum's stash.
"Daniel was a sweet, young boy. Younger than his age," he said.
"I thought at the time no one had prescribed him methadone, as far as I know. I didn’t prescribe [him] any methadone. Maybe perhaps it was Anna’s methadone."
Dr Kapoor imagined Smith knew this to be true.
"And I guess she kind of knew that. That added to her grief, her guilt. Because what happened shouldn’t have happened," he told Fox News.
"It just added so much to her grief, that maybe it was her medicine that caused his death."
And maybe that's part of the reason why Smith, who Dr Kapoor said had been stringent while following "very strict guidelines" of pain medication during her pregnancy with Dannielynn, somehow managed to take a fatal overdose five months later.
At least that's what Dr Kapoor thought, suggesting grief played a role in her death.
"She was horribly upset and seemed to want to live in a world where he wasn’t dead," he said.
"It was a denial world. Even though she really wanted to be around to raise her daughter, she couldn’t overcome this loss."
Post a Comment